Saturday, July 08, 2006

Busy week

It's been a bit busy here at Scribbly Cottage the past few days.
First my mother phoned on Monday in a bit of a panic; she'd forgotten to take her insulin (being diabetic this is NOT GOOD) and needed somebody around to make sure she didn't slip into a coma. So, to cut a long story short we had her sleeping overnight with us. She had to have our room which put us on the futon in the sitting room. Frenzied rifling of airing cupboard to find fresh bedding and enough to go round! Come morning Mum was right as rain and declared she'd not slept so well in ages!


Then in the afternoon, Dearly Beloved and son came home from their shake-down trip to Cornwall in Boris the Camper, which seems to have gone well. A bit of a fuel leak still, though, despite a new fuel tank. Off to the garage again! Nevertheless, the camper made good time and tackled the Cornish 'ups and downs' with aplomb. Now I want to get something done about the inside before we go away. I'm poised to create some tie-dye blinds to replace the army-surplus drab green ones presently installed. And I'm going to paint the cooker/sink unit too. Thinking of a nice pattern in blues. And I have some seagrass matting to go on the floor too. Hubby bought some horrendous flourescent yellow plastic plates which are so flimsy I wouldn't trust them to hold a meal...they have to go! Watch this space and I'll post developments.

So this week I managed to finish the game board I was doing for an Irish publisher. I enjoyed doing it and was sad to see it go, but hey ho. here it is anyway, in all it's glory. And a little drawing I did for an English primary school book.


7 comments:

muddy red shoes said...

cant wait to see your creations vis a vis boris

Gordon Fraser said...

Hallo Sue! Love ya work as you know but just thought I'd pop in and say Hi!

Love your Mystery Machine as well....I think you should paint it just like the Scooby Doo one!

Yoikes!! It's old man Withers....gotta go...

Sue said...

Ha ha ha ha! We haven't heard that one before..........we have had the suggestion we paint it like Thunderbird 2! Argh!
Hubby reckons we should wait till we can afford a respray before we do a paint jobbie on it. I'm going to concentrate on the inside for now. Hmmm...

Sue said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sue said...

Last comment deleted because I managed to post the same comment twice! The wonders of modern technology, eh?

PG said...

Tie dye curtains...you old hippy you! What next, a rainbow down the side of the van? ;)

Love the boardgame and rugger chaps, btw!

Sue said...

Thanks!
I'm looking forward to putting my mark on the beast, but I'm not looking forward to the 'making curtains' bit. I was always terrible at sewing, so I've decided to approach it as a craft project and use iron-on webbing instead of sewing hems etc. (I don't have a sewing machine anyhow)
A rainbow would be nice and colourful!