Monday, August 28, 2006

Breakthrough?

I drove Boris the camper for the first time today! I asked Hubby if he'd give me a lesson and his jaw dropped! This is because I avoid driving as much as I can, as I seem to have developed a bit of a phobia about it. I've held my license for about 30 years but never felt at ease behind the wheel.
However, I have decided that I won't be beaten by this and as a result decided to tackle driving the biggest vehicle I've ever tried! Hubby took me to the local disused airfield and I had a go at seeing how many gears I could crunch! All went well, though reverse was tricky to select as the gearbox is a bit 'approximate'. I felt so good about it that when Hubs suggested I carry on driving off the airfield and onto the main road to visit my Mum in the next village. And I made it!
Major smug mode!

4 comments:

natural attrill said...

I passed my test at age 17 but didnt get a car for a few years till I was about 21, and it was scarey driving again then(and dangerous!)
Penny

Sue said...

Yeah, I think the longer you let it go the worse it is.
Well I've done some driving about today so that's it...till tomorrow!

PG said...

I would love to learn to drive, I went behind the wheel for 5 minutes last year and it was wonderful! Andy is taking lessons soon though so I will have to steal his car when he's got one.

Anonymous said...

way to go sue! Now come on, do some blogging as well as driving...am hopping over to your other blog to see if thats more active xx :)