Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Sad news

Ron Woollatt 1921-2007

I have to report sadly that my father-in-law Ron Woollatt passed away on Wednesday 13th June, in hospital. He was 86 and he'd been ok , if frail till about 3 weeks ago, when he was rushed to hospital with breathing problems. Vulnerable to infection, he was isolated and his breathing improved somewhat. However he suffered periods of confusion and refused to eat or drink, pulling out his drips and not keen to move from his bed. For the final days he was moved to a ward in the hopes that company would pick him up. But on the Wednesday night, the nurse turned her back for 5 minutes and in that time he slipped away from us.
He will be sadly missed by all.

5 comments:

June said...

I am so sorry to hear your sad news. Take comfort in the loved ones around you, and remember the happiest moments you all shared together with Ron.

PG said...

Oh Sue, I'm so sorry for you all - this has been a dreadful month for people passing away, please accept my condolences.

mrsnesbitt said...

So sorry to read of your sad news. I read your comment over on Daisy's blog. I am travelling to the funeral on Friday, in Carlisle. Sincere hugs to you and yours.

denisex

muddy red shoes said...

Oh Sue,I am sorry, it has been a sad time recently for so many, hope you and yours are doing OK, many thoughts and kisses

natural attrill said...

Hi Sue,

Only just read this post, strange, its dated 19th June, the day my Mum died.

I have never been close to someone dying before, maybe it is common to refuse food and drink? my Mum didnt have anything for weeks.

I am sorry for your loss, hope your husband is coping OK.
My sympathies to you and your family.

Penny.
x