Thursday, November 11, 2010

Back from the printers...

This year's Christmas cards. I have illustrated my own Christmas cards now, since 2001. I used to print them myself, on the old inkjet, but it took so long and cost so much, I ended up getting it done at Vistaprint much cheaper and as good quality, and envelopes too!

Last year I had to break with my tradition (because of the move to Cornwall) and send out shop bought cards. This raised howls of disappointment from friends and relatives, who look forward to my quirky, very personal and very Cornish designs.

Worry not.....I'm back on the case.....and they're all done and printed, it's not even December!

 The inside reads: Nadelik Lowen ha Bledhen Nowyth Da   Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year (Cornish and English)

Here's the front design clearer:


 And a little detail......that's me, hubby and Charlie the Jack Russell. We're wearing our Pirates rugby scarves, as is the seagull atop the chimney! (What, you didn't know seagulls watch the rugby? Have you never seen a seagull mug a tourist for his pastie on Penzance promenade? )

We don't live in an old converted Engine House, wishful thinking, that!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

As usual Sue you have excelled yourself and I am soooo looking forward to getting mine in the post Jennifer xxxx

The English Writer said...

Wonderful! They are so lovely, Karen.

sea-blue-sky & abstracts said...

Pat yourself on the back Sue. How organised is that? Lovely, lovely cards - of course I guessed it was you, hubby walking the dog - what a nice touch.

June said...

Lovely to see another Christmas card from you. If you recall, I chose a dream house on one of your other designs... this year I think I live in a cottage just out of view around the corner!
Well, I can dream can't I?
:¬)

Sue said...

Thanks for the nice comments, everybody.

June, I remember that! I think I still have the file with everybody's names written on 'their' property! LOL!